Pulp magazine is a journal made for Fedrigoni by Eye Magazine.
The latest edition is packed with stories that celebrate people and paper, including a look at luxurious superyacht catalogues, a preview of Dr Cristina Dondi’s forthcoming exhibition ‘Printing R-Evolution’ and an exploration of the Salce collection, Italy’s biggest archive of historical advertising posters.
The ‘People and Paper’ section profiles publisher and brand consultant Élodie Boyer, one of the founders of Éditions Non Standard. The issue also includes an eight-page insert on Torino Graphic Days, with design by Mucho, Sascha Lobe (Pentagram) and Studio Dumbar.
Contents in full:
- Anne Miltenburg profiles Éditions Non Standard’s Élodie Boyer.
- In ‘Passion for Posters’, Davide Fornari explores Italy’s biggest archive of historical Italian advertising posters, the Salce Collection, which now has a permanent home in Treviso.
- Roberto Rota writes about the award-winning fashion catalogue for Tela.
- Pulp editor John L. Walters previews ‘Printing R-Evolution’, a Venetian exhibition that challenges preconceptions about the fifteenth-century book trade.
- In ‘An Anorak Calls’, film critic Isabel Stevens looks at What Monster, a new horror movie fanzine that is paradise for film-spotters.
- Sarah Miller writes about the quiet luxury of case-bound superyacht catalogues.
- In ‘Peaceful Keepsake’, Sarah Snaith talks to Bürocratik’s Adriano Esteves about the design studio’s arresting brochure design for Teatro Académico de Gil Vicente in Coimbra, Portugal.
Pulp 14 was printed on papers made in Italy by Fedrigoni, including Symbol Card 1Side 240 g/m2, Freelife Vellum Ivory 120 g/m2, Woodstock Betulla 140 g/m2 and X-Per Premium White 140 g/m2. The printing was managed by Opero in Verona, Italy. Pulp is published in two editions, each in two languages: Italian/English and French/Spanish.
International artists, illustrators and designers are welcome to approach Pulp with anything of interest made using Fedrigoni or Fabriano papers. Please contact the Pulp editorial team at firstname.lastname@example.org.